district header logo
491 Bond Rd.   |   Minford, Ohio 45653   |   740-820-3002
Minford Logo
Map And Directions
1923 - 1924
First year of school
Minford High School
Students in grades 1 - 8 who resided in the area attended several area elementary schools including:  Minford, Bonser, Madison, Sunshine, Swauger Valley, Mead Road, Tick Ridge Road, Mount Carmel, White Gravel, and Route 335.

Because there was no high school for the students to attend, they had to continue their education at Portsmouth East, Portsmouth, South Webster, Wheelersburg or Lucasville.

The construction of the new high school was not yet completed when the 1923 - 1924 school year began.  Minford High School students started the 1923 - 1924 school year in a local church.

On January 2, 1924, 62 students and 3 teachers entered the school for the second semester.  The 14-room structure was the pride of the community.

A few weeks after the students were in the new building, another teacher was added to the staff.  Mr. Ray G. Wood was the first Superintendent of Minford High School.  His photo is below.  Click here to see a list of all Minford Local School District's Superintendents from 1923 to present.

Mr. A. B. Jones was the first principal of Minford High School. Click here to see a list of all Minford High School Principals from 1923 to present.

Minford High School Teachers - 1925 - 1926

Standing:  Mrs. Ruth Jelen Wood, Mrs. Lucile Goll Violet,
                 Miss Alma V. Johnston
Sitting:  Mr. Ray G. Wood, Mr. Edwin John Duncan

Mr. Ray G. Wood, Superintendent


Minford Logo
Minford Local Schools
491 Bond Rd.   |   Minford, Ohio 45653   |   740-820-3002
© 2024. Minford Local Schools. Education Software created by eSchoolView
Home of the Mighty Minford Falcons!